Getting started on oDesk as an online professional freelancer takes a significant investment in time and resources. there thousands od nline jobs available at oDesk and it is is a bona fide work at home site for people seeking legitimate online jobs as it offers freelancers a way to work at home no matter where you are in the world and earn a decent living. Signing up is totally FREE.
1. To get started with oDesk, you first need to register/signup for a free account.
a) Click “Create an Account” to sign up with Odesk on the upper right corner.
b) Click “Freelance Contractor” button.
c) Fill out the form with all the required information.
d) Press "Post My Profile" button to post your Profile
2. Create your oDesk profile carefully. Write down exactly what skills you have.
3. Take the oDesk Readiness Test because until you pass the oDesk Readiness Test your ability to apply to jobs is greatly restricted.
4. Take other oDesk skills tests for free, like U.S. English Basic Skills Test, English Spelling Test (U.S. Version) etc. Tests that are relevant to your skills and experience. Passing any of the test can greatly improve your chances of getting hired.
5. After getting your first job your goal is to get 5.0 feedback out of 5.0 by providing quality work. Every time your contract is ended, your employer will give you a sort of evaluation and a written feedback of your work (as a contractor you can also give evaluation to your employer).
Steps For To Become a Successful oDesk Contractor
Take note of the following instructions, these will help you have a blossoming oDesk career as an online contractor or freelancer. It takes a significant amount of time to complete, so be sure to set aside a few hours to commit to these phase.
1. Take the oDesk Readiness Test. It is in this process that the system prompts you to download and install oDesk Team before continuing.
2. Complete the My Provider Profile including skills, work history, portfolio projects, education, and certifications.
3. Take a free online qualification test to increase chances of getting online jobs.